Implant Dentists in Plainfield, IL – Provides Dental Implants in Chicago Area
Dental implants are artificial roots and teeth (crowns) that are surgically placed into the upper or lower jaw. The teeth attached to implants are very natural looking and often enhance or restore a patient’s smile.
The dentists at Todays Dental of Plainfield can perform the entire Dental Implants process. Getting a dental implant requires at least three trips to the dentist and patients are often referred out to oral surgeons in order to get the implant placed but Dr. Patel and Dr. Agarwal are equipped for and skilled at placing and restoring the implant.
Reasons our Plainfield patients get dental implants:
- Replace one or more missing teeth without having to file down surrounding teeth
- Resolve joint pain or bite problems caused by teeth shifting into missing tooth space
- Help maintain jaw bone health
- They feel and look like real teeth
- They are easier to clean than other restoration options
- Restore chewing and speech.
- Support a bridge or denture, making them more secure and comfortable allowing recipient to bite into an apple or chew steak.
- Restore a patient’s confident smile.
How the process works:
1. Your implant dentist at Todays Dental of Plainfield places the titanium cylinder (rod) in the jaw bone. Once the medal cylinder implant is placed, it must be left for several months to heal with the bone.
2. After the implant has integrated with the jaw bone, it’s ready for the crown which is connected to the implant by an abutment (post). The post fits inside the cylinder implant and sticks out high enough to fit the crown (fake tooth) on top. The crown is cemented to the post and dental implant procedure is complete.
Please contact us if you would like to speak with one of our dentists about this procedure or to find more information on the cost of dental implants in Chicago and surrounding areas.